Friday, October 14, 2011

The Addiction of Creation

I believe this is the first time I am checking in for the Fall semester.  I accepted a (non-design) position two days before the semester started and my schedule has been busy, busy, busy.  Originally I envisioned myself being joyfully unemployed and had scheduled five classes for the semester.  I have since dropped two of the classes in order to have breathing room (which I now have a bit).  So, hello.

I've been assigned the task of created a book.  That's right, a real live book, from copy, to style, to binding, to printing....the whole shabang.

I decided to begin at the end first.  So, I've been online, on the phone and in person visiting w/ printers, binderies and paper distributors.  There is so much to know.  I've allowed the available materials and the talents of others to dictate (only just a bit) which way my content will flow.  Now, I am ready to begin execution of my concept.

I'm in the midst of laying out page one in InDesign and am getting more and more excited by the minute.  I cannot wait to see the final project.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment