Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hey Ma! Look at Me I'm a Writer!

So, I'm discovering as a Graphic Design student that even when our courses seem to have little to nothing to do with design our professors try to have us incorporate our design skills into our projects.  This is the case with my Typography class.

We've been asked to conceptualize, write, design, and layout a book of an alphabet of sorts; have it printed and bound for our mid-term project.  There have been several check in sessions so far and I'm really amazed at the concepts being thought up and executed.

My concept in a typographical alphabet delivered in the style of a reference book done in the style of a periodic table.  I am totally diggin' this experience.  I am really having fun.  Today is the day that I am working on the final adjustments and getting my product over to the print/bind shop for completion.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  I'll share pics when I get it back.  For now here's a snapshot of the cover.

Until my next post...keep creating....and having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment