Friday, June 10, 2011

my first week as an intern

So I've made it through my first week interning as a Junior Designer at one of the top 25 firms in the city.  Wow.  I believe I am already addicted to being a creative for a living.  It took me a long time to embrace this part of myself but I am finally here and loving it.

When the owner of the firm (whom I'll call Mr. D. for the purposes of this blog) and I met to discuss the particulars of the internship he informed me there would be a delay w/ my start date due to his upcoming business travel.  Before he left, and after prodding, he gave me an assignment.  He asked that I work on a logo re-design for a client.

I don't believe he expected me to come up w/ anything as he was quite surprised when I showed up on my first day w/ over a dozen options for his review.  He actually liked a couple of the logos I created.  After making some suggestions, giving me the client's color choices and he asked me to rework these and bring them back.  I did.  And after only two revisions, he said he would like to submit four of my logos to the client on what he calls "Round 2".  He asked me to prepare PDF's so that he could send them over right away.

I don't think I even care whether one of my logos are chosen or not.  I just so super excited (and flattered) to be included in the game.  I'm actually a player.  Unbelievable.  None-the-less, I will keep everyone posted as to the outcome.

Now I'm off to play and see what kind of cool things I can create w/o limitations.

Keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment